General Volunteer Information:
Stage Nature Center is always looking for great volunteers (ages 14-adult) throughout the year. If you have a passion for nature and have some time to dedicate to our organization, please follow these steps:
- Download and complete our volunteer application form HERE
- Email the completed form to our Volunteer Coordinator HERE
- OR: drop by our office with your completed form.
Note: Once you have completed the steps above, and your volunteer paperwork has been approved, our Volunteer Coordinator will send you a link to SignUpGenius where you can register for open volunteer shifts. Still have questions? Please email Louise Glazier HERE.
Available Volunteer Opportunities:
- Volunteer Training: February 9, 2019
- Tree Tapping: February 23, 2019
- Empty Sap Buckets: Feb 24 - Mar 17
- Maple Syrup Days: March 2, 9, & 16
- Front Desk Reception (ages 16-adult)
- Program Assistance
- Invasive Plant Removal/Meadow Restoration
- Native Garden work days
- Animal Care: Reptiles and Amphibians
- Seasonal Cleaning
- Committee Positions: Marketing, Education, Curriculum
Join Our Marketing Committee!
Do you work in marketing or in a field related to marketing? Are you interested in helping to shape the future of Troy's only Nature Center? Then this unique volunteer opportunity could be a great fit for you. We are actively seeking professionals to join our committee which meets monthly. For more information, and to volunteer for this opportunity, email us at Email Here.
Stage Native Garden | MASTER GARDENER PROJECT
Would you like to participate in some seasonal Gardening? Our Volunteer Master Gardeners "in training" are currently overseeing a project on the grounds of the Stage Nature Center in Troy, MI to remove invasive species of plants and replace them with native species. This new and improved garden will be an educational experience for you to learn how to identify native species as well as non-native & invasive species. To get involved, Email Here to sign up!
Stage Native Plant Garden | VOLUNTEER
The Troy Nature Society is looking for volunteers to help our efforts to build and maintain our new Stage Native Plant Garden located at the East end of our front lawn (next to the parking lot). The Wildflower Garden is a designated "Native Plant" area to be used for both beautification and educational opportunities for all visitors and school groups within Troy, MI and the surrounding communities.
If you are interested or have any questions about how to donate to the garden please contact Julie Ann Wang Email Here
Join us as we continue to “Grow our Garden”! All welcome to join the Stage Native Garden Team. We have a variety of tasks to choose from with flexible work schedule:
❀ Graphic Design & Layout for three 8 X 10 educational display signs
- Content will be provided
- Wooden Sign Display Case/Stand will be built & installed end of October
Spring to Autumn:
- ❀ Plant Identification and Tagging
- ❀ Wildlife and Pollinator Photography
- ❀ Bed Preparation, Plantings, Watering and Weeding
Contact: Julie Ann Wang Email Here
Or if you have already followed the steps to become a volunteer at Stage Nature center, please sign up directly at:
To explore more ways to support the Stage Nature Center, please contact Carla Reeb, Executive Director directly at 248.688.9703 or send an Email Here.